Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a apple Id , but when I am trying to download xcode from MAC App store using this apple id, it is asking to review account details and then it ask for the payment method. how to use it without giving that payment method in the Mac App store

I have a apple Id , but when I am trying to download xcode from MAC App store using this apple id, it is asking to review account details and then it ask for the payment method. how to use it without giving that payment method in the Mac App store

Posted on Jan 22, 2015 11:19 PM

1 reply

Jan 25, 2015 6:13 AM in response to gauravfrankly

Hey gauravfrankly,

Thanks for the question. Is this the first time you are using your Apple ID in the iTunes Store? Or, do you have a previously unpaid balance? If either of these are true, you’ll need to provide payment information before you can make purchases (even free purchases). For more information, please see the following resource:

Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203905

If you're using the iTunes Store or App Store for the first time

If you're using the store for the first time with an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method. After you create the account, you can change your payment information to None.

If you're creating a new Apple ID, you might be able to create an account without entering your credit card details.

Thanks,

Matt M.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.