Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have this problem after try to run a program java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: quicktime/std/movies/media/Media)

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: quicktime/std/movies/media/MediaUser uploaded file

Posted on Jan 23, 2015 2:00 AM

7 replies

Jun 15, 2015 8:45 PM in response to DavidX10

It is as you say, namely, newer versions of Mac OS X (i.e. Yosemite) remove a software library known as "Quicktime for Java".

You may follow the instructions from the link below to get this program working again:

http://worms.zoology.wisc.edu/research/styled-2/qtj_yosemite.html

The instructions are for a different program which needs "Quicktime for Java" to get working, so it applies all the same.

Please be aware that the instructions on the link above are unsupported by either Apple or Pearson. Nonetheless I have followed the procedure and it has solved this issue for me.

Cheers!

I have this problem after try to run a program java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: quicktime/std/movies/media/Media)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.