Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iMac running OX 10.5.8 I need a portable external harddrive to back it up before updating the software to Yosemite but I can't find anything that doesn't require you to be running at least OX 10.6. Is there a suitable hard drive?

I have an iMac running OX 10.5.8

I need a portable external hard drive to back it up before updating the software to Yosemite but I can't find anything that doesn't require you to be running at least OX 10.6. Is there a suitable hard drive? I'm not very technical and wouldn't know how to do any formatting so I want it to be very basic so that I can just plug it in. 500GB should be more than adequate.

iMac (24-inch Early 2009), Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 23, 2015 3:58 AM

There are no replies.

I have an iMac running OX 10.5.8 I need a portable external harddrive to back it up before updating the software to Yosemite but I can't find anything that doesn't require you to be running at least OX 10.6. Is there a suitable hard drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.