Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Everytime I hit play on Logic the arpeggiator starts playing

Hi there. I'm having a problems with my arpeggiator on Logic Pro 10.1.0

The main problem is every time I play my track the arpeggiator turns itself on automatically and the arpeggiator is set to arpeggiate the drums so they just go crazy.

I'm trying to bind certain things to my MIDI keyboard, for example I'm binding the play button on the arpeggiator to a button on my keyboard and I'm binding the speed of the arpeggiator to a knob on my keyboard. I could get the knob to work momentarily but not anymore. Whereas the button to activate the play button on the arpeggiator doesn't work unless I have that certain channel selected.

My main problem is of course the fact that it turns itself on automatically when I hit play on the track because the amount of times I have to stop my track then play it again is an annoying amount as my arpeggiator is out to get at me. As for the MIDI keyboard, which is a Samsung Graphite 25 is it a problem with the keyboard or is it Logic?

Thanks in advance!

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 23, 2015 5:31 AM

19 replies

Mar 1, 2015 6:52 AM in response to Eriksimon

http://youtu.be/RGuZyPJ55ps?t=5m37s

In this video he is using a knob to change the speed of the arpeggiator and a button to turn the arpeggiator on and off. he is using Ableton for this.

I've managed to get it to work on Logic however as I said it turns itself on automatically at the start which is fine but that just means every time I hit play on the track the drums just go absolutely mental and I have to rush to turn it off. Not much of a problem but it's that I have to do it every time.

I hope I'm succeeding at explaining what my problem is?

Thanks in advance.

Mar 1, 2015 7:07 AM in response to fenman4

Ok, I understand you have assigned a controller button to activate play on the arp, but you have to have that channel selected for it to work, right? You can change that behaviour and make it respond, independent of which track is selected:

Go into your Controller Assignments window (cmd-K), select Expert View, select the relevant message and change the assignment to the specific track:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Apr 5, 2015 1:15 AM in response to fenman4

fenman4 wrote:

Come on I'm getting restless.

You can keep bumping until you're blue in the face, but it seems there's no solution, it just appears to work this way. I thought that conclusion was clear. You could try to put in a feature request (independent start/stop for arpeggiator), but that's about it, I guess.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

Everytime I hit play on Logic the arpeggiator starts playing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.