Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Safari not honoring "bypass proxy settings for these hosts & domains"

1600 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 6, 2006 11:30 AM by Steve Madsen RSS
Steve Madsen Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 6, 2006 11:15 AM
I have a proxy set up for HTTP and HTTPS. The proxy runs on another machine on my network.

Safari and the latest nightly WebKit build do not honor the hosts and domains listed in "bypass proxy settings for these hosts & domains" in System Preferences.

I have "localhost" in this list and am doing some local development with a server running on my machine on port 3000. When I try to go to http://localhost:3000, I instead get an error page from my proxy, telling me that nothing is listening on that port. This makes perfect sense, since once the request gets to the proxy, localhost refers to the machine the proxy is running on, not my local desktop.

The problem here is that Safari shouldn't be sending that request to the proxy at all, but it is. Even restarting Safari doesn't work.
PowerMac G5 (rev. B, dual 2.0), Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.