Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home sharing?

Has everyone just given up on this? What a disaster. I still cannot get Home Sharing to work on my iOS devices.

Once in a great while my "Home" movies will show up on my Apple TV. Nothing on my iPad or iPhone. Its really ridiculous at this point. People have been complaining for months. I have a brand new iPad Air 2, iPhone 6 Plus, Apple TV 3 and a 1 year old macbook pro and none will sync. What a downward spiral we're going on here. Obviously, I love my Apple products. I got my first mac 15 years ago and have been using every product since. But every year there are these "revolutionizing" features and every year there are more and more problems. This past round of releases of hardware and software have been a complete disaster. Seriously who is doing the testing and approving on these products? pre-schoolers? Who the **** is saying, "yeah release it, this works perfectly"? Its honestly embarrassing, especially considering the amount of money spent on these devices. I have $3300 worth of 3 pieces of electronics electronics on the table in from of me and I can't get them to see a shared library. 10 year old technology. Jesus.

Anyway, back to the Home Sharing. I've tried every possible suggestion through these threads? Anybody have anything else? Are you still having troubles with this? Am I a lone sufferer? Some body please help!

The other night I just wanted to watch a movie on my iPad from my library and I had to sync my iPad via USB to iTunes and download the movie from my computer to my iPad. Are you kidding me?!

Hope you all have had some luck!

~ G

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jan 23, 2015 9:11 AM

2 replies

Home sharing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.