Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud email: "The connection to the server 'p03-imap.mail.me.com' on port 993 timed out"

For the past day or so I haven't been able to use my iCloud mail in Mail under OS X Mavericks 10.9.5. I also had intermittent failures before then.

There is an exclamation point in a triangle beside my iCloud account in the Mail sidebar, with the following message: "There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account 'iCloud' or try again. The server returned the error: The connection to the server 'p03-imap.mail.me.com' on port 993 timed out."

When I followed the instructions in this thread to try and telnet to p03-imap.mail.me.com using Terminal, after a long wait it eventually reported, "Operation timed out," and "Unable to connect to remote host":

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5951223

I badly need to use this mail account, and would appreciate any ideas about what might be happening. The iCloud system status on Apple's web site shows everything up and running as it should be. Thanks!

Peter

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), null

Posted on Jan 23, 2015 8:09 AM

1 reply

Jan 23, 2015 8:58 AM in response to Peter Rhoads

Troubleshooting Apple Mail

What does Mail/Window/Connection Doctor Show? If the server is red, select it and look at the Show Details box.

Troubleshooting sending and receiving email messages

Troubleshooting sending email messages

SMTP servers keep going offline

If nothing there works, try deleting the account and adding it back.

Mail Server Information

iCloud email: "The connection to the server 'p03-imap.mail.me.com' on port 993 timed out"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.