Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting the error message (com.apple.Compressor.CompressorKit.ErrorDomainerror -1.) when trying to share a Project to DVD using Final Cut Pro X. Help! I need desperately to be able to share this project to a DVD.

I keep getting the error message (com.apple.Compressor.CompressorKit.ErrorDomainerror -1.) when trying to share a Project to DVD using Final Cut Pro X. Help! I need desperately to be able to share this project to a DVD. How do I fix this problem?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8.1.2, The project is approximately 5.4 GB

Posted on Jan 23, 2015 9:24 AM

4 replies

Jan 23, 2015 10:06 AM in response to nmallicote

You can search the entire internet by putting that error message into google, see what other discussions appear.

With only the little information you've provided, I'd trash Compressor and download it again from the App Store.

You could share the timeline out to MPEG2 and then import that into iDVD, if you have it, or Toast.

Given an hour or three, someone with better suggestions will soon chime in.

Sep 3, 2015 9:01 AM in response to nmallicote

Hello, I see you were having this problem back in January, so this may be a little late, but perhaps still useful to you and others just logging on. I just had the same problem with the error code, and I simply created a new project, copied and pasted the entire problematic timeline into the new project timeline and re-named it. I chose a new still frame for the main page and the dvd share worked no problem.

I keep getting the error message (com.apple.Compressor.CompressorKit.ErrorDomainerror -1.) when trying to share a Project to DVD using Final Cut Pro X. Help! I need desperately to be able to share this project to a DVD.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.