Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LP X 10.1 incompatible with EuCon controllers.

Today I installed LP X 10.1 but it freezes when I boot the program.

The EuCon software of my Avid Artist controllers (Mix and Control) also freezes.

When I quit the EuCon software LP X 10.1 works just fine.

Also when I quit Logic the EuCon works just fine with other apps like Pro Tools and Logic Pro 9.

Only when I try to use EuCon together with Logic 10.1 both apps freeze.

Now I would like to revert to Logic Pro 10.0.7 to see if that solves the issue (as I would expect) but I have no clue as how to do that.

In the past you could just download earlier version from the apple website, but now we have the Appstore and it shows only the most recent version.

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Logic Pro 10.1, Apogee Ensemble

Posted on Jan 23, 2015 10:27 AM

16 replies

Jan 23, 2015 12:03 PM in response to Tammo Heikens

Initially, while it's good to share reports of bugs here with other users like yourself...

It's best to post bug reports using the Feedback form as no one from the Devs team is here....

https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

But.. I also highly recommend reading the following......

Detailed and Effective Bug Reporting

In regards to how to quickly roll back to 10.0.7,

Use your backups to retrieve the 10.0.7 app and put it back in Applications.........

No backups? Then you have learned an important lesson....

Latest OS X & Logic Pro Compatibility Information

Nigel

Feb 5, 2015 5:39 PM in response to Tammo Heikens

Hi,

just to team up here: I encountered the exactly same Problem with the same setup: LP 10.1, Eucon 3.2.9 (latest) and a Mac Pro with OSX 10.9.5

Everything fine with LP 10.1 when Eucon app closed, nevertheless Eucon works excellent with all the other software like Pro Tools 11, even with Logic Pro 10.0.7

Permission Rights, P Ram Zap and all that stuff didn´t help out, so I´m hoping for a soon 10.1.1

Feb 6, 2015 7:55 AM in response to Mikinho

User uploaded fileHi Mikinho,

I found a way to solve the issue:

You have to go to the preferences folder in "user/Library" and there you delete the Logics prefs, empty your bin and restart your computer.

If this doesn't help you may also try to delete the Eucon prefs as well.

When you next startup Logic, don't immediately open an existing song. (if you do so Logic will still hang)

Start a new song and you may notice Logic starts up in basic mode (advanced options are disabled) So you will have to enable these manually.

After doing that probably everything will be back to normal.

Well almost normal, because I also discovered another bug in this combi: when you are in Logic and try to control the aux sends with the Eucon mix knobs that are assigned to that function it doesn't work properly. The mapping seems to be wrong, because instead of controlling the amount of aux send, it only switches the send on and off. The same applies to the Artist Control.

Hope this will help you too!

p.s. to be able to see the users Library you need something first to make hidden files visible. I use InVisible for this. You may download that at: http://invisible.en.softonic.com/mac

Feb 21, 2015 6:42 AM in response to tammofromutrecht

Hi,

I removed the files as described above, not to the trash but to the desktop, restarted the Mac, started LPX .1 and made a new song. When I found out that all the Apple Loops had to be tracked all over again I quit LPX, put the 3 files back from the desktop to the pref folder and restarted LPX once again, I found all my Apple Loops, Key Coms and the best: Eucon was still working as expected except the bus-bug!

Thanks a lot folks, especially to tammofromutrecht

Cheers

Mike

Feb 21, 2015 6:50 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

OT for a second:

My workaround for the users library folder is just a simple symlink of it. The same way it removed my complete Logic/Garageband Content to other drives! Works perfect, I would recommend this highly if you´re not on Yosemite. The Symlink of the user/library folder is always visible under OS X 10.6 to 10.9

To find the library folder you certainly have to make it visible one time as described above!

Feb 21, 2015 9:34 AM in response to Tammo Heikens

I'm using the Mc Control with the latest Eucon software 3.2.1 and I don't experience any crashes with Logic Pro X 10.1 and OS 10.9.5.

There are incompatible features but no crashes. I have read that people using Artist Mix have had problems with Eucon though and as stated here, Eucon is not officially supported in Yosemite. On Avid forums, there are users that are using it though so it could work.

Feb 21, 2015 3:06 PM in response to tammofromutrecht

This worked for me!!!!

Before doing anything, I exported my current key commands in Logic 10.1 as not to lose them...

1) I downloaded an app called InVisible (http://invisible.en.softonic.com/mac) and clicked both “Show invisible files” as well as “Show user library”

2) In Finder, with the user library now visible, I browsed to: Macintosh HD > USER > tonyanderson > Library > Preferences

3) I selected all Logic and EUCON preferences and copied them to a folder in my desktop.

4) I then DELETED all Logic and EUCON preferences in the preferences folder

5) I uninstalled EUCON and then re-installed it.

6) I restarted my machine

7) Upon restart, I opened EUCONTROL and opened the EUCONTROL settings window and powered both the Artist Mix and Artist Transport on - both devices showed up under “My Surfaces"

8) I opened a new session in Logic and my Artist Series controllers workers perfectly!

9) I restored all advanced features to Logic and re-set me preferences for Audio, MIDI, Score, etc

10) I imported my key commands back into Logic 10.1 and opened an existing project - good as new as far as I’m concerned.

Thanks for the tip!!!!!

Feb 22, 2015 3:55 AM in response to tastudios1

It's very interesting that you ask this question , because I did experience some of the delay issues that you describe before I did the reset.

Somehow now miraculously this problem went away and I have no clue why that is.

Also some other problem I had with the Artist Control, namely difficulties in making the ethernet connection went away after a while.

Looks like a last the device is working like it's supposed to do :-)

Feb 26, 2015 8:27 PM in response to tammofromutrecht

Logic 10.1.1 was just released claiming to have fixed the current problem with Eucon 3.2.1 in Yosemite. I installed it, restarted the computer, confirmed it was installed and popped open Logic 10.1.1 However I still do not have a connection between it and my S3 or Transport. Looking for anyone who can guide the connection completion process. Must be something I'm doing wrong? Or?

LP X 10.1 incompatible with EuCon controllers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.