Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my External Hard Drive not showing in Aperture 3.6 Import?

Only my computer hard drive is and I want to import from an external drive. I have always been able to until I updated to Aperture 3.6 and Yosemite.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), none

Posted on Jan 23, 2015 12:27 PM

3 replies

Jan 23, 2015 1:04 PM in response to photogirlz

Only my computer hard drive is and I want to import from an external drive. I have always been able to until I updated to Aperture 3.6 and Yosemite.

I had the same problem. On the folders on the drive with the Aperture library did show in the Import panel. After I clicked the computer icon in the upper left corner of the Import panel, suddenly all drives appeared.

User uploaded file

You can also try to drag the folder you want to import into the Import panel, to point the file chooser to the drive.

Feb 10, 2015 1:47 PM in response to photogirlz

How is your external hard drive formatted? Is the file system MacOS Extended (Journaled)? Is it directly connected using USB or Thunderbolt, or a network volume?

Where are you looking for the external drives? I am seeing the additional drives only in the file chooser panel, not in the upper left corner of the Import panel.

User uploaded file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.