Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Health app on my iPhone 6 Plus is not recording flights climbed correctly.

The Health app on my iPhone 6 Plus is not recording the number of flights of stairs I climb correctly. It seems I have to go up the stairs 2 plus times before it records 1 flight climbed. Are there any settings that I can change?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 23, 2015 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 9:09 AM

As far as we can figure out, the hardware is working, but the software isn't, and there aren't any settings to fix it:

Re: iPhone 6 barometer not working

I went into Apple Store and asked for help, and the genius said the software is not ready for production and to wait for updates.

7 replies

Aug 4, 2015 12:31 PM in response to rtbremner

MY iPhone 6+ does not track flights climbed. We have a three story home with 15 steps each (contractor screwed up...normally it would be 13 stairs per level) and it only says that I climb one flight per day. I read 6 pages where others experienced the same but there were no solutions. Wear an Apple watch too....nada. any solutions out there. I am bummed. Got rid of my Fitbit thinking Apple would be better....very disappointed.

Aug 4, 2015 1:55 PM in response to Maasie

This is Apple's first attempt at activity tracking so I don't think that you can assume that Apple is going to be better than any of the other activity trackers out there. I would have used both to verify the information on the new device at least closely matches what you were getting on the FitBit before getting rid of it.

As far as flights climbed, from what I have read you need to go up a flight of stairs of about 12 steps. However it is also taking into consideration the altitude climbed and so many people say that walking up a hill will also register as a flight of stairs. Maybe it's possible that the altitude increase in your home isn't enough for it to trigger a flight. I would probably go to a location such as a hotel or office building and walk up a two or three flights just to see if it actually works. If those register as flights, then my guess would be it doesn't register enough of an increase in the home.

Aug 11, 2015 7:00 AM in response to Maasie

I have same problem. Health App records steps but not # of stairs climbed. I have tried all suggested remedies(reset phone, check privacy settings, etc.). I am surprised and disappointed at how immature the Apple Health software and its integration with hardware is. I just have a higher expectation for Apple and they appear to be years behind the Fitbit application and hardware. Very clumsy.

So now I have a $600 Apple Watch with inferior health tracking(no steps, no sleep) when compared to a Fitbit and a Citizens ECO powered watch that has infinite battery life for the watch, 4 days for the Fitbit and much more mature health tracking. I have to decide if the superb notifications on the Apple Watch are worth it. They might be.

Aug 11, 2015 8:57 AM in response to Maasie

Very unhappy to say....I went back and bought a new Fitbit Charge...which does climb flights of stairs. Had the watch for one week and it doesn't do nearly what I thought it would. Gave it to my son...just a watch with a few perks...which are cool, don't get me wrong. However I bought it because I thought it's activity and exercise tracking would far exceed Fitbit...fail.

The Health app on my iPhone 6 Plus is not recording flights climbed correctly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.