Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message states 'message has no content' when I open my Mail on the iPhone.

Rarely, but often enough, when getting new email on the iPhone mail app a specific message states in the body "this message has no content". Anyone know a workaround? When later trying to read the message on an iMac or macbook it looks and loads just fine and THEN its updated correctly on the iPhone. Frustrating when you only have the phone with you however. BTW, all computers and phones updated to latest iOS and OS X software but I know this is not unique to the latest software. Thanks!

Posted on Jan 23, 2015 2:34 PM

7 replies

Jan 23, 2015 5:12 PM in response to razmee209

Yeah thats seems to be an accurate observation however once the 'no content' message appears it doesn't seem to show the body of the message unless you then first connect to MAIL with a different device. Wonder if there is a way to push the data again so it doesn't keep displaying the no content message without first reloading it from a different device (computer etc)?

Jul 8, 2015 12:06 PM in response to varsitytours

We are now in iOS 8.4 and this has been happening for years to me, Apple. How long does it have to take for you to fix this?

I love most things about Apple but they really upset me with other things.

Closing the mail program usually BUT not always fixes it, today I had it happen and even rebooting the phone twice did not solve it, nor did pulling th emessage down in the mail client on the mac. Its still there, as a matter of fact here is a screenshot of it.

User uploaded file

Message states 'message has no content' when I open my Mail on the iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.