Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Network host busy" error when trying to print wirelessly

Bought a brand new Canon printer, connected to network successfully using LPD, and matching IP addressess on printer and printer IP setup on my Mac, used the correct Canon driver installed. The printer shows up on my printer list and I can choose it. When I print it says "network host xxx.xx.xx.x busy retry in 10 sesconds". Canon says it is a problem with my network and they cant help me. I am using an Apple Time Capsule and have confirmed that the IP address of the network I am on as well as that of the printer are identical. ???

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 23, 2015 2:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2015 11:18 AM

Hi cevynt,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

If your printer seems to be properly configured as an IP printer but you can't print to it, start with these tips:

Try to add your printer again in Print & Fax preferences. If you can print to the newly added printer queue, delete the old printer queue.

Mac OS X 10.6: Troubleshooting a network printer

If you can’t print to your printer and you’ve tried all other solutions, reset the printing system. This process deletes all printers from your list of printers, deletes information about all completed print jobs, and deletes all printer presets.

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences and click Print & Fax.

2. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, and choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.

3. Add the printers you use.

Mac OS X 10.6: Resetting the printing system

If you still receive the "network host is busy" message, perform a soft reset on your AirPort Time Capsule using the steps found here:

Resetting an AirPort base station FAQ - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2015 11:18 AM in response to cevynt

Hi cevynt,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

If your printer seems to be properly configured as an IP printer but you can't print to it, start with these tips:

Try to add your printer again in Print & Fax preferences. If you can print to the newly added printer queue, delete the old printer queue.

Mac OS X 10.6: Troubleshooting a network printer

If you can’t print to your printer and you’ve tried all other solutions, reset the printing system. This process deletes all printers from your list of printers, deletes information about all completed print jobs, and deletes all printer presets.

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences and click Print & Fax.

2. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, and choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.

3. Add the printers you use.

Mac OS X 10.6: Resetting the printing system

If you still receive the "network host is busy" message, perform a soft reset on your AirPort Time Capsule using the steps found here:

Resetting an AirPort base station FAQ - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

"Network host busy" error when trying to print wirelessly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.