Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off auto hyperlinks?

Who needs hyperlinks on a slide presentation anyway? Not me. How can I set my default to NOT auto hyperlink .com's and such. I find nothing in preferences.

iMac with Retina 5K display, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 23, 2015 1:41 PM

7 replies

Jan 24, 2015 7:38 AM in response to Scot Walker

Thanks for trying. There is no work around for my problem. It's just annoying when I list a .com that it keeps auto linking (changes the font of the text different from the others), and I have to manually edit the link to remove it individually. Over and over and over again. For presentation software, it seems the default would be NO hyperlinks. Another example where Apple doesn't target the business market, but rather the personal market. The "preferences" options are utterly disappointingly minimal. Not happy with the new Keynote so far.

Jan 24, 2015 7:54 AM in response to 5Runner

You may consider adding a keyboard shortcut for Keynote to remove the link.

cmd+k is add link, remove link has no shortcut, so perhaps set it to cmd+alt+k ?

System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts tab. Click the + & set it up for Keynote, use the menu item text 'Remove Link'

I know it is not a great solution, but sometimes getting rid of some of the mousing around can help.

Jan 26, 2015 11:49 AM in response to 5Runner

Turn off automatic formatting for links

If you don’t want to automatically format links as clickable text, you can turn off automatic formatting.

1. Choose Edit > Substitutions > Show Substitutions (from the Edit menu at the top of your computer screen).
  2. In the Substitutions window, deselect the Smart Links checkbox.
  3. Click a button to replace all occurrences of formatted links in a presentation, or just in the selected text.

When Smart Links is turned on for the presentation, a checkmark appears next to Smart Links in the Substitutions menu. You can deselect Smart Links to turn it off, but existing links won’t change unless you select the text that contains the links, then follow the steps above.

How do I turn off auto hyperlinks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.