Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a 5th gen iPod Touch. I have made playlists in iTunes. I need to get them to the iPod. When I had a Classic, it was automatic. You could drag and drop using iTunes music to the playlist in iTunes and it would automatically sync to the Classic.

I have a 5th gen iPoc Touch. In the past, with the Classic, I could drag and drop from my iTunes music to a Classic playlist through iTunes. Now, the playlist I create in iTunes doesn't show on the Touch. I have maybe 29 GB of music on my Touch. I have already created playlists in iTunes that have substantial amounts of songs in each. How can I get those playlists on the Touch without doing a total sync that wipes the iPod? Is there a way to do it?

As well, I am noticing here that my 5th gen iPod doesn't show as a registered device. How do I register it?

Windows 7

Posted on Jan 23, 2015 2:32 PM

8 replies

Jan 23, 2015 3:34 PM in response to bfearr

That message means that you previous synced with another computer. You can only sync with one computer.

Did you say yes to that?

Just what do you mean by "My iPod is set to sync with the cloud"?

You did not answer "

Do you have iTunes setup to sync more than the playlists (which you now say sync to the iPod)?"?

Jan 23, 2015 3:58 PM in response to bfearr

There is a check mark to backup to iTunes. Where is the one that says sync to iCloud.

You did not answer the questions in my last reply.

Of course I know you can configure iTunes to sync both manually and automatically but you have to restore the iPod on a second computer if you switch syncing computers,

Jan 23, 2015 5:19 PM in response to lllaass

Okay. I am getting lost, probably because I am not being clear. I had and still have an iPod Classic that I use on a separate computer. I am able to plug the Classic in and drag tunes to its playlists through iTunes. I use my Touch on a completely different computer and never use one on the other.

I created playlists on the Touch. I noticed when I plugged it in that those playlists do not show in iTunes. As well, I did it in reverse. After plugging the Touch in, I created and filled playlists. They do not show on the Touch.

What I want to be able to do, if possible, is plug the Touch in and drag a song to a playlist. If I can't do that, I understand, I think, that I need to sync in order to send the playlists from iTunes to the Touch. What happens when I follow the procedures to do that is that I click SYNC and that message comes up warning me that I am about to sync to the library in iTunes. What I want to be able to do is click sync and sync only the playlists. I don't know if that is possible.

When I mentioned the box that, checkmarked, syncs to iCloud, that was setup automatically in the setup, I think.

I have a 5th gen iPod Touch. I have made playlists in iTunes. I need to get them to the iPod. When I had a Classic, it was automatic. You could drag and drop using iTunes music to the playlist in iTunes and it would automatically sync to the Classic.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.