Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YOSEMITE downfalls

I would like to be able to 'undo' my download and 'upgrade' to Yosemite. I would quickly learn that my Dictate for Mac (Dragon) and my Canon S5IS Powershot (still an excellent camera used for more than 8,000 photos) no longer work with my Mac. I am 70, on a fixed income, and don't have the luxury of running out to buy a new camera or a new version of Dictate. The method suggested for 'getting rid of' this upgrade was too complicated. Why wasn't there a clear warning before I agreed to upgrade????? Also, when I upgraded, I thought it said Yosemite, not Mavericks but "about this Mac" says 10.9.5, which is apparently Mavericks. I am soooo lost.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Desktop

Posted on Jan 23, 2015 7:54 PM

3 replies

Jan 23, 2015 8:33 PM in response to LindyPeirce

So, if you are running Mavericks, what OS version did you have previously? In order to provide precise help, we'd need to have some detailed information.

Unfortunately, there is no way to go backwards unless you're ready to erase your drive. Apple has never supported anything but that.

As for your Powershot - does it use an SD card? If so, there is an easy remedy: get a USB card reader compatible with your type of card and plug that in to the Mac - I've been using that method for years with my Canons.

Finally, are you referring to Dragon Dictate? Here is some info from a site which lists application compatibilities.

http://roaringapps.com/app/dragon-dictate

Apr 29, 2015 2:56 PM in response to LindyPeirce

I upgraded to Yosemite and I have Dragon Dictate 3.0. I was able to click Dragon update to update it to 3.0.5 and it seems to work except for the warning that it might not work. I simply click continue anyway. Click on update In the Dragon menu and see if it updates to 3.0.5.

But I wish there was a way to get rid of the warning “Dragon Dictate might not work as well on OS X” every time I start Dragon Dictate. If anyone knows let me know. I can set up a macro automatically click continue so I don’t receive this annoying message every time. But there has to be a way to bypass it.

YOSEMITE downfalls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.