Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot log into iMessage or FaceTime it says an error has occured during activation

i could not send or receive iMessage would not let me log in to iMessage or FaceTime it says an error has occured during activation.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 24, 2015 3:22 AM

3 replies

Feb 24, 2015 1:02 AM in response to Cam-Fox22

Hi Cam-Fox22,

I have had this problem and tried everything suggested without success until last night. I took the plunge and did a Factory reset which cured the problem. Of course you must do a back up to iTunes first. I connected the iPad to my PC via a cable and then loaded iTunes. Log in to the account associated with your iPad and then carry out a backup of your iPad including apps and purchases. Then hit reset option near the top of the page and hit again when asked if sure. It takes a while to download the software but eventually it wiped the iPad and loaded it with fresh software. Keep your iPad connected and then restore from back-up when given that option. When it is all finished you will have your iPad back just as it was before you started but with iMessage and Facetime both working again.

Good Luck John

cannot log into iMessage or FaceTime it says an error has occured during activation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.