Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync music onto my shuffle from two computers

I have an ipod shuffle 4th generation. I have purchased music on two different computers and want to get all the music on the shuffle without loosing any tunes. How do I do this?

iPod shuffle (4th generation late 2012)

Posted on Jan 24, 2015 4:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2015 2:32 PM

Hello Christina,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

To answer your question about syncing music to the iPod shuffle from multiple computers, just manually manage the music on the iPod as described in the article below.

iPod: Frequently Asked Questions

Question: I have a computer at home and one at work. Can I update my iPod music collection from more than one computer?

Answer: Yes. When you first connect iPod to your computer, iPod recognizes that computer as its "home" computer. Each time you connect, iPod automatically downloads the music library stored on it. When you connect iPod to a different computer, iTunes will inform you that iPod is linked to a different iTunes library and will ask whether you wish to erase iPod's contents and sync with the new computer's library. If you will be connecting to multiple computers frequently, configure your iPod to manually manage music. This will allow you to selectively drag songs, albums, or playlists from the second computer to your iPod without compromising the existing music.

Synchronization generally occurs only in one direction, from your computer to your iPod. This means you typically cannot transfer music, automatically or manually, from your iPod to a computer, and you cannot use iPod to copy a music library from one computer to another. An exception to this is the transfer purchases feature which allows you to restore purchased iTunes content to your computer from your iPod. Additionally, if you legally are allowed to copy music or other media files, you can configure your iPod as a storage drive to move media files.

Also, you can find more information about syncing and manually managing music in the iPod shuffle User Guide.

manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1550/en_US/iPod_shuffle_4thgen_User_Guide .pdf

Ciao,

-Jason

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2015 2:32 PM in response to christinafrommilford

Hello Christina,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

To answer your question about syncing music to the iPod shuffle from multiple computers, just manually manage the music on the iPod as described in the article below.

iPod: Frequently Asked Questions

Question: I have a computer at home and one at work. Can I update my iPod music collection from more than one computer?

Answer: Yes. When you first connect iPod to your computer, iPod recognizes that computer as its "home" computer. Each time you connect, iPod automatically downloads the music library stored on it. When you connect iPod to a different computer, iTunes will inform you that iPod is linked to a different iTunes library and will ask whether you wish to erase iPod's contents and sync with the new computer's library. If you will be connecting to multiple computers frequently, configure your iPod to manually manage music. This will allow you to selectively drag songs, albums, or playlists from the second computer to your iPod without compromising the existing music.

Synchronization generally occurs only in one direction, from your computer to your iPod. This means you typically cannot transfer music, automatically or manually, from your iPod to a computer, and you cannot use iPod to copy a music library from one computer to another. An exception to this is the transfer purchases feature which allows you to restore purchased iTunes content to your computer from your iPod. Additionally, if you legally are allowed to copy music or other media files, you can configure your iPod as a storage drive to move media files.

Also, you can find more information about syncing and manually managing music in the iPod shuffle User Guide.

manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1550/en_US/iPod_shuffle_4thgen_User_Guide .pdf

Ciao,

-Jason

How do I sync music onto my shuffle from two computers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.