Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 and Yosemite not syncing

I have a MacBook Pro Retina (late 2013) running Yosemite 10.10.1, an iPhone6 running iOS 8.1.2, and an iPad 4 running iOS 8.1.2. I have been using the free iCloud portion to sync Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Safari, and Notes. Keychain and Find My Phone (or iPad) are on.

Up until a few days ago, everything was working just peachy, but then I noticed that my regular reminders were not updating (I give a shot twice a day, and have reminders to clue me in that it's time, so they repeat daily). I also noticed and didn't connect the dots - my calendars weren't updating. I was busy and thought it was a fluke, but finally had time to go into it last night.

The two iOS devices are updating between themselves, but neither is talking to the MacBook Pro (poor MacBook Pro!). I tried everything I could find online - removing the apps from iCloud and adding them back, signing out and back in to iCloud, making sure I'm on the same iCloud account, deleting completed reminders. Nothing worked. When I remove and re-add apps to the iCloud sync, it reloads the outdated data, although I double-checked - I'm using the same iCloud account in all devices.

What is going on? Please help - being able to sync these apps is pretty important.

Thanks,

Linda

iPad, iOS 8.1.2, also MacBook Pro with Yosemite

Posted on Jan 24, 2015 7:42 AM

2 replies

Jan 25, 2015 8:46 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thank you! I had actually tried most of the things on that page and the linked pages, but at that time when I tried to log into iCloud.com it gave me a weird error. Since I'd never gone in on the web there before, I figured I'd done something wrong and tried other things. Tonight I tried it again and got in. Somehow my main reminders list just wasn't there, even though it showed up in the iCloud portion of my Mac Reminders app. Fortunately, I didn't have much on it, and I just made a new list and retyped all my reminders and it replicated. And the calendar just started working again - not sure why, but it's now syncing both directions. I did delete one appointment that I'd imported, so maybe that was hosing things up for all my calendars.

I wouldn't have tried iCloud.com again without your post, and it looks like I'm back in business, so thanks!

iOS 8 and Yosemite not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.