Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i reset my ipad?

My ipad password was changed and i couldn't figure it out so it got disabled. On the apple website it has directions which i followed, but it didn't work. My ipad is telling me i need to connect to itunes so i do, the website says to restore my ipad and every time i try when the ipad turns back on it says i have to put the password in before i can restore it.

iPad 2

Posted on Jan 24, 2015 8:43 AM

7 replies

Jan 24, 2015 9:03 AM in response to cherio99

From the link that King provided you:

If iTunes asks you to enter your passcode or asks you to allow access, try another computer that you've synced with. Or use recovery mode. (Click the link to be taken to the steps.)

• iTunes will automatically sync your device and create a backup. If it doesn't, sync the device with iTunes.
  • After the sync is complete, restore your device.

Jan 24, 2015 10:13 AM in response to cherio99

Recovery mode

If you've never synced your device with iTunes, or haven't set up Find My iPhone, you'll need to put your device in recovery mode. Then you'll restore your device as new or from a backup.

This will erase the device and its passcode.

1. Disconnect all cables from your device.
  2. Hold down the Sleep/Wake button, then "slide to power off" to turn off your device.
  3. Press and hold the Home button and plug the device into your computer. If your device doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on. Don't release the Home button.
  4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen. User uploaded file
  5. If iTunes doesn't open automatically, open it. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode.
  6. Click OK. Then restore the device.

If your device doesn't go into recovery mode, try steps 1–4 again.

How do i reset my ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.