Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All contacts "not registered with iMessage"

Good day.

Been having a lovely time attempting to send messages to my contacts.

Issue- I can't send any message to any contact. I can imessage myself after adding myself to contacts. I can facetime a contact with no problem. When I attempt to send a message it fails. I have deleted contacts and added them back. Their contact name comes up Red and tells me they are not registered with iMessage. I have shut off messages, facetime. changed/rest network settings. changed date on off. Hard reset, factory reset and backup. I have also followed ever step (to my knowledge) on every trouble shooting apple and website out there.

I would love some suggestions before this Ipod learns to fly LOL

Please don't just post a link to some trouble shooting guide 🙂

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 24, 2015 1:40 PM

4 replies

Jan 26, 2015 8:47 AM in response to maggiefromtillsonburg

Hello, Maggie.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are unable to send iMessages on your iPod touch. You have processed most of the relevant troubleshooting steps that apply to this issue. The next step would be to completely sign out of iMessage and then back in. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > Apple ID > Sign out. Once this is done attempt to send a new iMessage. You may also want to attempt to send messages on another known good network. Below, I have attached some additional steps that may help.

Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and make sure that you registered iMessage with your phone number or Apple ID and that you selected iMessage for use. If the phone number or Apple ID isn't available for use, troubleshoot iMessage registration.

Contact Apple for support

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

http://support.apple.com/en-us/TS2755

Cheers,

Jason H.

Feb 3, 2015 4:14 PM in response to jason269

Hi Jason,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Nope......... but thanks for trying. I can do anything and everything with this Ipod but message people (accept for me I can message myself). I changed my apple ID and reset everything I could. One glimmer of hope was that I factory reset it via the Ipod and wow it worked! Until I shut it off 2 minutes later and WACK Apple hates me again.........

Its driving my bonkers that all my former contacts seem not to exist as Imessage people. When they send a message it says it delivered but I don't get a thing. Then I can facetime just fine....... which I think maybe do developer is laughing somewhere at my frustration lol

H.............e..........l........p...............

Oh I must add that I can log into every Apple type page, store, cloud ect..... they all love me just IMessage is being a .........

Feb 3, 2015 5:03 PM in response to maggiefromtillsonburg

Shot in the dark but try this:

Go to https://www.icloud.com

Then under Find My iPhone, click All Devices and make sure you delete any that are not still in use. It might take a couple of minutes to give up on searching but once it does you can then delete it.

This may have fixed my daughter's exact issue---but I am not 100% convinced yet. I have no explanation for why.

Note: Still think it is fixed, but to get contacts to show blue, I have to have them message me first???? Then I can reply or start a new message and they are blue. Even weirder.

All contacts "not registered with iMessage"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.