Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Force Quit Didn't Work

I just recently got a brand new Macbook Pro with retina display in January. I was playing games online when suddenly the game froze. I tried moving the cursor but the cursor was no where to be found.The sounds to the game still worked perfectly and the ads on the website still functioned normally. I then tried the force quit commands without any luck.. so i just closed my computer..when i opened it back up the cursor was visible again but still would not move..after trying the force quit commands again without luck i resulted to pressing the power button for 3 seconds which then gave me the option to restart sleep cancel or shut down..but nothing on my keyboard worked and neither did my cursor.. it sucked.. so i held it down again for about 5 seconds which then shut my entire computer down.. when it turned back on everything went back to normal.. i'm just curious if anyone has had a similar occurrence with their macbook or if someone may have an answer as to why this happen. Thank you

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Brand New

Posted on Jan 24, 2015 11:17 AM

1 reply

Force Quit Didn't Work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.