Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an error msg: Warning!! iOS Crash Report

I just got this error msg.

Warning!! iOS Crash Report. Due to a third party application in your phone, iOS is crashed. Contact Support for an Immediate Fix.

There is a 1-800 number noted. Is this legit or this this a virus? We have tried shutting down the ipad and re-setting but nothing seems to work. This error message keeps popping up. Anyone got any ideas?

iPad

Posted on Jan 24, 2015 4:40 PM

18 replies

Jan 24, 2015 4:45 PM in response to punkin47

Please tell me that it has NEVER been jailbroke. If it has never been jailbroke, here are some standard repair procedures:

First, try a system reset. It cures many ills and it's quick, easy and harmless...

Hold down the on/off switch and the Home button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it appears. You will not lose any apps, data, music, movies, settings, etc.

If the Reset doesn't work, try a Restore. Note that it's nowhere near as quick as a Reset. It could take well over an hour! Connect via cable to the computer that you use for sync. From iTunes, select the iPad/iPod and then select the Summary tab. Follow the on-screen directions for Restore and be sure to say "yes" to the backup. You will be warned that all data (apps, music, movies, etc.) will be erased but, as the Restore finishes, you will be asked if you wish the contents of the backup to be copied to the iPad/iPod. Again, say "yes."

At the end of the basic Restore, you will be asked if you wish to sync the iPad/iPod. As before, say "yes." Note that that sync selection will disappear and the Restore will end if you do not respond within a reasonable time. If that happens, only the apps that are part of the IOS will appear on your device. Corrective action is simple - choose manual "Sync" from the bottom right of iTunes.

If you're unable to do the Restore (or it doesn't help), go into Recovery Mode per the instructions here. You WILL lose all of your data (game scores, etc,) but, for the most part, you can redownload apps and music without being charged again. Also, read this.

Feb 26, 2015 4:52 PM in response to wretched01

wretched01 wrote:

I have this same problem too, except that the battery has no power and the unit refuses to charge. I have tried several different cables/chargers and they all work on other ipads, not this one. It also wont be recognized by iTunes when its plugged into a computer. Does the ios crash affect charging the device? Or am I dealing with two problems?

And, pray tell, have you gone through the steps that I described?

May 2, 2015 8:10 PM in response to punkin47

I just had the same problem. It is a scam. The fix is easy - see bottom of my message. Some web page I visited redirects my browser to a scam website ios-support.net which pops up the following message. Incidentally, you will get the same message even if you visit this website from a windows computer - I don't recommend you go there, who knows what other malware it will put on your machine. The popup says:

The page at I-Pad-support says:

Warning IOS - crash Report

Due to a third party application in your iPhone / iPad,

IOS crashed

Contact Support for an Immediate Fix

+1-877-908-2105 (Toll Free) immediately

So I called the number an it was answered by someone who wanted my first and last name so they could "check my account". I gave him the name and he came back saying yes, i checked your account and your ipad has crashed because you downloaded a third party harmful [or did he say apple? - he was deliberately garbling this word and I could not understand it even after 2 repetitions] application I asked him what 3rd party application was responsible? He repeated that I had downloaded a third party harmful application and I needed to reload Safari. Anyway, he said since this was a third party application, there will be a charge, and was I ok with it? I asked how much and was told $39. I said I will take it to my local Apple Support and hung up. I googled "ios support warning" and found the solution at discussions.apple.com/thread/6653282

The fix is as follows:

1. Set your ipad/iphone in Airplane mode

2. Go to to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data.

3. Reopen Safari and the error should be gone.

4. Turn off airplane mode.

The problem should be resolved.

All the best.

I have an error msg: Warning!! iOS Crash Report

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.