Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your iCloud Photo Library is empty.

I have recently uploaded all my iPhoto pictures to my iCloud Photos library and I synced both my iPhone and my iPad. I can see all my iPhoto pictures on both devices, but the problem is that when I login to iCloud and go to my iCloud Photos, the message reads "Your iCloud Photo Library is empty" so it looks like there aren't any pictures there, but it's weird because I can see all my pictures on my devices that are synced to the cloud.

Has anybody had the same problem? How do I fix it? Thanks!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 24, 2015 6:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2015 9:11 PM

I am having the same issue!!!! Over the last couple of months I've been uploading my photo library slowly! I had a total of 14,889 (30Gb) photos and now I log into my iCloud account this morning and get this message! Needless to say I'm not happy! "BETA" or not I expect this type of crap from other companies but, not from Apple! If my photos don't come back I'm DONE with iCloud, I'll find another cloud service! This is just foolish!

User uploaded file

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2015 9:11 PM in response to hampshiregirl

I am having the same issue!!!! Over the last couple of months I've been uploading my photo library slowly! I had a total of 14,889 (30Gb) photos and now I log into my iCloud account this morning and get this message! Needless to say I'm not happy! "BETA" or not I expect this type of crap from other companies but, not from Apple! If my photos don't come back I'm DONE with iCloud, I'll find another cloud service! This is just foolish!

User uploaded file

Feb 1, 2015 8:11 AM in response to hampshiregirl

I've had this same issue for nearly a month now. I spent my Christmas break uploading my photos - 19k worth. I got this message one morning early January and assumed it was a bug of the "beta". I wasn't worried as I can see all the photos on my iphone, but nothing on the icloud.com website. I assumed it would be fixed and carried on since I didn't have the time to reload them and I can see that they are on my icloud storage (which I continue to be charged for despite not being able to really use). Now it's February and I hear that the mac photos app isn't actually going to be released anytime soon, and my photos still don't work at all. When I log on all I see is the twirlly apples thing but then the screen blanks out and it returns to "Your icloud library is empty" I am so incredibly frustrated and angry. Help!

Feb 2, 2015 9:03 AM in response to hampshiregirl

I used icloud to back up over 2,000 pictures and 26 videos, I checked a number of different times to make sure they were there. I deleted the pictures off my phone because they were backed up in my icloud account. I pay extra money every month to get extra storage space for the purpose of having so many pictures. I went to look for a picture over the weekend and I only had 800 pictures ( these are the 800 I just took recently). I am levitt where in the world is my 2,000 pictures? Not all my videos are even there, I know 5 is. So, I understand everyones reply on here this is ridiculous and needs to be fixed immediately.

Feb 2, 2015 11:42 AM in response to shadrachfromportland

I hear you. I uploaded about 12-14k pictures and I'm glad I didn't delete them from my computer because I would have lost them. I ended up uploading these pictures to my iDrive because I thought it would be more reliable. Unfortunately, sometimes my pictures don't load (when I upload more than 1-2k into the same folder). DISAPPOINTING.

Your iCloud Photo Library is empty.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.