Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 plus free apps don't appear on my phone

I just upgraded my Iphone 4s to the Iphone 6 Plus today, but I do not see the free apps that come with the phone. I have tried a spotlight search on the phone and no luck. I have tried pluggin my phone in and launched iTunes to review my apps and still no luck. Can anyone tell me how I can find the new and free apps that come with the new phone/software?

Thanks!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Jan 24, 2015 5:00 PM

8 replies

Jan 24, 2015 5:53 PM in response to bonalexander

Thanks all...this is so frustrating. My phone won't let me reply to this thread even though I am logged in so I am now replying from my computer.

Regarding my original question, I am talking about the apps that come as part of purchasing the new phone and using the new IOS. They can be seen about 3/4 of the way down this page: http://store.apple.com/us/buy-iphone/iphone6

I did purchase the phone directly from an apple store this afternoon and yup brand new in shrink wrapped box.

Thanks for all the prompt responses and attempts to help me 🙂

Jan 24, 2015 6:03 PM in response to bonalexander

User uploaded file

The Apps in the Built-In Apps section should already be on your iPhone.

For the ones in the Free Apps from Apple section, if not already on your iPhone, which as i said was under the impression they don't come pre-installed, you should be able to get them by going into the App Store App, and downloading them. They should be free there.

Post back if they are not free, as it sometimes happens the may not appear as free in the store.

Jan 24, 2015 6:09 PM in response to Phil0124

Thanks. They were on my phone when I left the store, but I had to do a Reset and Erase all and restore from my iTunes backup (hadn't done that prior to going to Apple to buy the new phone). I did go to the App Store to try and get these free apps and they are showing up in my iCloud. So strange that I can't find them anywhere in my Apps folder in ITunes.

Again, thanks all for helping me solve the mystery. Now I just wish I knew why I couldn't respond to this thread directly from my phone. The reply links wouldn't work.

Iphone 6 plus free apps don't appear on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.