Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 touch screen is not working properly.

Product name : iPhone 5
Version : iOS 7

Problem: touch screen is not working properly. Display graphic at the left side appear a few lines and the touch screen is unresponsive. Right side work okay, though I could enter my unlock pin as I could touch number 1, 4, 7, and *.

Troubleshooting I have tried:-

I restart my phone. - it doesn't work

I rest my phone for half an hour and try to use it again. - it doesn't work

I take out my tempered glass screen protector. - it doesn't work

Can I get my iPhone 5 replacement ? PLEASE HELP!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jan 25, 2015 12:44 AM

2 replies

May 24, 2015 9:40 AM in response to woonbradley

IInteresting phenomenia I ran into. 5s / iOS 8.3 I have a simple latex rubber case, which I cleaned with dish detergent recently and wiped down my phone cuz it was pretty messy. Put it back together and noticed I couldn't select, swipe nothing, couldn't turn it off, had to force it to shutdown with powe/home buttons. I restarted it, reset it, restored it, no effect. Just for fun I took the case off it and VIOLA! full function! Put th case on, nothing, took it off normal function. I remembered how the case had felt a little slippery, dusty when I bought it so I rubbed a tiny amount of talcum powder around the inside of the case and I'm typing on it now so I guess it worked. I'm thinking I could use graphite dry spray too I'm not that thrilled with the talcum that close to my phone. I think the case without the barrier has full contact with the case and develops a static charge, perhaps when I cleaned it the I removed the barrier, or it picked up a static charge, like that science experiment we all did in middle school when you polarize a acitate rod with a piece of wool, at least we used to when there was money and teachers to do science experiments in middle school . . . guess they just take tests and talk about taking tests these days :-)

iphone 5 touch screen is not working properly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.