Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP 2013 late - No Battery Available

Good day everyone.

About Mac:

Model Name:MacBook Pro
Model Identifier:MacBookPro11,2
Processor Name:Intel Core i7
Processor Speed:2 GHz
Number of Processors:1
Total Number of Cores:4
L2 Cache (per Core):256 KB
L3 Cache:6 MB
Memory:8 GB
Boot ROM Version:MBP112.0138.B11
SMC Version (system):2.18f15

About Software:

System Version:OS X 10.10.1 (14B25)
Kernel Version:Darwin 14.0.0
Boot Volume:Macintosh HD
Boot Mode:Normal
Secure Virtual Memory:Enabled

Problem:

Suddenly found problem with my battery. Yesteday system tell me that battery need replace.

And now, today, it told me that No Battery:

User uploaded file

What i try already?

1. I already try Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)but nothing is changed. After restart problem the same.

2. Also i try to run Apple Diagnostics. But i had problem with this solution -- after it run i see on screen words "Apple Diagnostics", "remaining 2 minutes" but nothing happened. Mac not responding at all (no any external device was attached).

So i don`t know what to do now. Can any one give me wright way to fix it please.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Jan 24, 2015 9:19 PM

13 replies

Jan 25, 2015 10:37 AM in response to Klierik

This is very bizzare. The image you posted of System Information>Power is not the same as what I requested. I have never seen this information on any prior OSX. This prompted me to boot my test MBP which has Yosemite (10.10.0) on installed on it and this was the result:

User uploaded file

Would you check and see if you can produce the same data in the format as shown above. What you posted does not help me. Thank youe.

Ciao.

Jan 25, 2015 9:09 PM in response to OGELTHORPE

Thats what says About This Mac:

User uploaded file

I don`t have nothing more on Power tab in System report... Only information on screen i posted before.

Maybe the problem with Battery. Maybe it`s dead and i should get the new one and replace it. But i`m not sure for 100% if it`s true. I thinking about reinstall OSX.

But of the problem only with Battery so why i can`t rune Apple Diagnostic and why laptop working so slow =(

Jan 26, 2015 2:29 AM in response to Klierik

Try resetting the SMC again. Carefully follow the steps given here. http://osxdaily.com/2013/05/07/fix-missing-battery-fans-running-macbook/ Anyway, this article shows that your problem is not unique.

What does your magsafe light show, is it green or orange or no light at all?

If possible, also try booting in Recovery mode -- holding down the Command and R keys while starting the computer -- and use the Disk Utility there to verify and repair your hard disk.

The fact that there is no Battery Information in About this Mac > System Report is very strange. Perhaps the battery connector has come loose inside -- if the computer fell or something like that.

Jan 26, 2015 2:49 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

Assuming that Cunnla finds that the display generated on your MBP is different from his and mine I am leaning towards a reinstall of the OSX.

The other option may be an appointment at an Apple store genius bar. Bring a copy of the image you posted and see if the output can be duplicated. The unfortunate part is that the technicians are really not trained in the nuances of the software but they may be able at least pass along the information to the proper party as well as resolve the hardware issue.

Ciao.

Jan 26, 2015 3:01 AM in response to Klierik

Found another place with the same problem as yours and it also has the same kind of System Report, with no Battery Information. http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/126252/no-batteries-available-how-to-ch eck-battery-health-on-macbook-pro-early-2011 The fact that yours is a Retina makes it hard for you to check or change the battery yourself. Presumably your warranty has run out. Even if there is no Genius Bar in Thailand you need to take it somewhere to have it checked.

Jan 26, 2015 5:14 AM in response to Klierik

2 Cunnla, OGELTHORPE,

Thanks you for reply and help!

Today i was in Apple Service Centre and they run Apple Service Toolkit software. So at this moment i have problem with:

1. Battery
  2. Sensors

All other test passed successful. So problem with sensors and/or battery for a now. I`t need a couple of days for diagnostics in Service Centre to define what problem is it.

It possible that after laptop cleaning everything will be fine or they will told me what hardware need to fix/replace.

Thanks you for help!

Aug 1, 2015 1:03 PM in response to Klierik

Hi there!

I GOT EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM. ALL I DID IS OPENED MY MAC, THERE IS A PLUG LIKE THING THAT CONNECTS THE BATTERY. IT IS JUST NEARBY THE RIGHT HAND SIDE SCREW OUT OF TWO SCREWS THAT ATTACHES THE BATTERY. I JUST DISCONNECTED THAT ONE AND CONNECTED IT BACK AGAIN WITHOUT REMOVING ANY SCREW OR BATTERY. THAT'S IT .............. IT WORKED FOR ME.......... HOPE IT MAY HELP YOU.......

MBP 2013 late - No Battery Available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.