Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 4 error 0xe800004a What will I do?

I just Reset my iPhone4. when I activate my iPhone it error 0xe800004a in iTunes. Now I used iOS7.1.2 and WiFi spot die LOL

#I'm sorry I can't speak English I'm Thai. please help me T___T 😟

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jan 25, 2015 2:23 AM

1 reply

Jan 26, 2015 12:46 PM in response to Kim Jun Kie

Hi Kim Jun Kie,

Are you working with a Windows computer? If so, the article below addresses the error message you are receiving and provides some troubleshooting steps to resolve it:

iOS: Unknown error containing '0xE' when connecting to a Windows PC - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/ts3221

When attempting to connect iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Windows PC, you may see one or more of the following error messages:

• iTunes could not connect to this [device] because an unknown error occurred (0xE800000a)
  • iTunes could not connect to this [device] because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000065)
  • iTunes could not connect to this [device] because an unknown error occurred (0xE800006b)
  • iTunes could not connect to this [device] because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000001)

Alternatively, the error may be the same as above but end with a different number.

The following steps may resolve the issue.

Note: If you use a Mac and see these symptoms, follow this article.

1. Restart your computer.
  2. Install the latest version of iTunes.
  3. Verify that your computer meets the minimum system requirements. iOS devices require the following minimum version of Windows:
    • Windows XP Service Pack 3
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows 7
    • Windows 8
  4. Download and install any available software updates from Microsoft.
  5. Connect the device directly to your computer; not to an external USB hub. Find out if your computer has USB 2.0 ports.
  6. Check that the Dock Connector or Lightning Connector on both the device and cable are clean of any lint or other debris. If possible, connect your device using a different Apple 30-pin to USB cable or Apple Lightning Connector to USB cable.
  7. Disconnect other USB peripherals from your computer, with the exception of your keyboard and mouse. After disconnecting these peripherals, restart your computer, connect your device, and open iTunes.
  8. Connect your device to a different USB port on your computer.
  9. Use the Task Manager to stop some Apple Services:
    1. Launch the Task Manager:
      • For Windows XP: Press Control + alt + delete on the keyboard.
      • For Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8: Press Control + alt + delete on the keyboard. Then click "Start Task Manager". If Windows needs your permission to continue, click "Continue".
    2. Click the Processes tab of the Task Manager. End each of these three processes by clicking in their names and choosing "End Process":
      • iTunesHelper.exe
      • AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
      • iPodService.exe
    3. After ending these processes, reboot your computer, open iTunes, and test.
  10. Connect your device to a different computer to determine whether the issue is specific to your computer.

If the issue occurs on only one computer

1. Sometimes outdated drivers on a Windows computer can cause this issue. Check with the manufacturer of your computer, or your computer's motherboard, for any available USB chipset driver updates. Learn more about updating drivers for Windows.
    2. Determine if the issue affects a specific Windows user account or all accounts. Follow the steps below to create a new user account depending on your operating system:
    3. If the issue persists in more than one user, uninstall and reinstall iTunes.

If you have trouble while uninstalling or reinstalling iTunes, follow the steps in this article.

4. Temporarily disable optional components of your computer to isolate which component may be causing the issue:
    5. Disabling Power Management of your USB root hubs may work around or resolve the issue. For more information, see this article.
    6. In some cases, outdated or improperly configured security software may be causing the issue. Troubleshoot issues that may be caused by third-party security software.

If the issue occurs on multiple computers

1. Make sure you have tried a different, known-good, Apple 30-pin to USB cable or Apple Lightning Connector to USB cable.
    2. If the computers on which you have tested your device are from the same brand and were perhaps purchased at the same time, it is possible that the cause of the issue is still computer specific. This might be the case if you tested multiple computers in a business environment.
      • Check with the manufacturer of your computer or the system administrator of your company for any available USB chipset driver updates.
      • If the computers tested were configured by a system administrator, or if you configured multiple computers at home with the same software, it is possible that outdated or improperly configured security software may be the cause of the issue. Troubleshoot issues that may be caused by third-party security software.
    3. In some cases it may be necessary to restore the device, especially if the issue occurs on more than one computer and all of the above steps have been performed.
      1. Restoring the device will erase all data from it. If your device has an Internet connection, you may use email to send yourself your pictures, notes, and other data you may need to back up before you perform a restore.
      2. If you have backed up your device in the past and you wish to keep this backup, make a copy of the backup on your computer. See this article for details on where backups are stored.
      3. Follow this article to restore the device. When the restore is finished, restore from your latest backup.
      4. If the issue returns, follow this article again and restore, setting up as a new device.
    4. If you have performed all of the steps in this article and you are still experiencing the issue, contact Apple or your wireless carrier, whichever provides phone support for your device. To find Apple's contact information in your country, refer to Contacting Apple for Support and Service. If you use an iPhone, find your wireless carrier. Wherever you live in the world, you can find your Apple support and service options.

If there is an Apple Retail Store nearby, find the closest store and then make a reservation through the online Apple Store Concierge. Reservations are strongly recommended.

Learn more

About unknown error 0xE800000a

When connecting your iOS device, iTunes might display an "unknown error 0xE800000a" when the contents of your lockdown directory are unusable. Reset the lockdown folder using step 7 in this troubleshooting article.

Important: Mention of third-party websites and products is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance or use of information or products found at third-party websites. Apple provides this only as a convenience to our users. Apple has not tested the information found on these sites and makes no representations regarding its accuracy or reliability. There are risks inherent in the use of any information or products found on the Internet, and Apple assumes no responsibility in this regard. Please understand that a third-party site is independent from Apple and that Apple has no control over the content on that website. Please contact the vendor for additional information.

This document will be updated as more information becomes available.

Important: Information about products not manufactured by Apple is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute Apple’s recommendation or endorsement. Please contact the vendor for additional information.

Last Modified:

All the best,

- Judy

my iphone 4 error 0xe800004a What will I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.