Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match year metadata won't update.

I imported Pink Floyd's "Obscured by Clouds" into my library. The year in the metadata defaulted to 2011 because of the re-master. I changed it to the year of release, 1972, as well as changing some other things like the the default artwork. On my devices (iPhone, iPad), the artwork is updating, but the year WILL NOT update. It remains at 2011. I've tried deleting it and re-importing it, matching it with Amazon and then bringing the Amazon mp3s into iTunes and re-matching, doing the same thing with Google, but no matter what I do, the year will not change on my devices from 2011 to 1972.

Posted on Jan 24, 2015 11:58 PM

5 replies

Jan 25, 2015 9:39 AM in response to metal134

It gets weirder. I changed the metadata on a random track on my phone to Obscured by Clouds to see what would happen. As soon as I changed the title of the album to Obscured by Clouds, it started showing up as 2011. When I changed the album title back to what it was, its original year started showing it. On my PC, it's all fine, but on my iPhone and iPad, it will not show anything other than 2011 for Obscured by Clods no matter what I do.

iTunes Match year metadata won't update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.