Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible solution to non-visibility of a mid-2012 mac in iOS 8's airdrop

Hi,

I have been just wandering for quite a night over the web to find out a solution to this particular issue (no mid-2012 mac visible in Airdrop on iOS).

So, I seem to have found it and must share it here:

the airdrop started working bidirectional for me after I had changed the following settings to "off" (or whatever it may be called in English version of Yosemite): system settings - network - bluetooth PAN - IPv4 configuration -> off.

If it works for you, please share further, because the problem seems very common with no solution readily offered.

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), mid-2012 Mac

Posted on Jan 25, 2015 12:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2015 5:19 PM

Cannot see the iPhone in your example. In fact I have NO BLUETOOTH devices showing EVEN WHEN I HAVE A BLUETOOTH connection with a Mac (iOS still doesn't work in Airdrop). MacPro= late 2012. Macbook Pro late 2010 (given up hope on this one).

User uploaded file

The two computers can see each other...

User uploaded file

Airdrop works OK on my 2013 iMac, NOT on 2012 MacPro, 2010 MBP.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2015 5:19 PM in response to serges14

Cannot see the iPhone in your example. In fact I have NO BLUETOOTH devices showing EVEN WHEN I HAVE A BLUETOOTH connection with a Mac (iOS still doesn't work in Airdrop). MacPro= late 2012. Macbook Pro late 2010 (given up hope on this one).

User uploaded file

The two computers can see each other...

User uploaded file

Airdrop works OK on my 2013 iMac, NOT on 2012 MacPro, 2010 MBP.

Possible solution to non-visibility of a mid-2012 mac in iOS 8's airdrop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.