Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud questions about contacts/photos and most recent IOS

Hey!

I have a few questions about Icloud because i am very scared that one day im going to break/lose my phone and not be able to acquire all my photos and contacts.

So i have a few questions for you

Q1. In the icloud settings window i have contacts little tab selected to save when doing backups...If i have that checked is that all i need to do to make sure my contacts are safe on Icloud?

A.

Q2. If i have a contact that i backed up to icloud, then i delete it, and back up the phone again, will the contact still be on icloud?

A.

Q3. To back up Photos/videos don't you have to go Settings > Icloud > Storage and Backup > Manage Storage > Click Iphones Name > Check the Camera Roll under backup options?

A.

Q4. If I don't have the most recent IOS. (I have 7.0.4) and i back photos and contacts up, then i get a new phone with most recent IOS, will i be able to retrieve the stuff on Icloud for sure?

A.

Q5. I feel the most important stuff for me would be saving photos and contacts, can you think of anything else i would need to make sure i saved?

A.

Q6. Can i be confident and feel safe if I've backed up my contacts with that little tab clicked to yes and my photos/videos with my camera roll option clicked to yes, even if I've backed up on an old IOS and need to retrieve it from a new IOS (on another phone) that i wont lose any of my important stuff?

Thanks again and i really hope I'm not missing anything. I'm just a bit nervous.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 25, 2015 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2015 9:42 AM

This is just to bump it up because i would like an answer haha:D thanks in advance.

2 replies

Icloud questions about contacts/photos and most recent IOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.