Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro A1278 Hard Time Powering On

Good morning all. I'm working on a friends macbook pro7,1 a1278. When you power it on, most of the time the keyboard will illuminate then go out. There is no power sounds what's so ever. I find it I hold the power button down, and wait for the light again let go then click the power again it works fine. Now every so often, it will work like normal. I have replaced the battery, and have a new power unit. I also have done the SMC reset, and restored the system with a fresh install. So, I hope that someone might be able to shed some light towards the area that I am obviously missing:) Thank you for any help.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 25, 2015 6:19 AM

1 reply

Jan 26, 2015 1:45 PM in response to StephenWaters

Hey StephenWaters,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, the computer will not turn on without some work. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Troubleshooting: My computer won't turn on - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

Macbook Pro A1278 Hard Time Powering On

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.