Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

none of my devices will connect to iTunes. now i get a message stating, "this iPhone could not connect to iTunes, the device is no longer connected".

About a week ago I noticed that whenever i plugged in either my iPhone 5 or iPad mini to my mac, I would get a prompt asking if it was ok to trust this computer. I never got that before. Even after selecting "trust", I still get a message from iTunes that the device will not connect. I am using an apple sync cord in could shape, connections are good. They charge fine when plugged into this cord to the mac, but will not show up in iTunes.

iPad Mini

Posted on Jan 25, 2015 7:20 AM

1 reply

Jan 26, 2015 2:16 PM in response to UnclePapa

Good afternoon, UnclePapa,

If iTunes is not detecting two iOS devices, try the steps below to resolve the issue. First, I would suggest signing out of your iTunes Store account on your Mac and on your devices. Then restart all devices, and sign in with the same Apple ID on all of them.

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for OS X - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/TS1591

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for OS X

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't appear under Devices in iTunes after you connect it to your Mac, refer to the troubleshooting suggestions below.

This article is for OS X. If you're using a Windows PC, see what to do if your Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows.

Follow these steps to resolve your issue:

1. If you haven't connected your iOS device to this computer before, unlock the device and tap Trust. Learn more about the Trust This Computer alert.
  2. Restart your iOS device.
  3. Restart your Mac.
  4. Make sure that your Mac meets the minimum system requirements for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  5. Install software updates on your Mac.
    If an iTunes update is available, apply the update.
  6. Check USB connections. iOS devices need USB 2.0 to work properly. If you're not sure your Mac has USB 2.0 ports, check the computer's specifications.
  7. Disconnect other USB devices and connect your device directly to a USB port on your Mac.
  8. Try another USB cable.
Important: Information about products not manufactured by Apple is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute Apple’s recommendation or endorsement. Please contact the vendor for additional information.

Last Modified:

All the best,

Judy

none of my devices will connect to iTunes. now i get a message stating, "this iPhone could not connect to iTunes, the device is no longer connected".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.