Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trying to synch my mms/ssm on mac air with iPhone

Hi -- Hope you're all doing well.

Before iOS 7, I was able to synch my mms from my Mac (now an air) with my iPhone 4s and vice versa. Apple ID and password are the same for both devices and both are iOS 8. Please tell me how I can get these two devices mirror the same mms again. Thanks very much.

Kindest regards,

Phoenix

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 25, 2015 9:34 AM

1 reply

Jan 26, 2015 2:48 PM in response to Phoenix20Rising08

Hey there, Phoenix20Rising08 -

If you have Yosemite on your Mac and iOS 8.1 or later on your iPhone, try the Continuity feature with the Messages app. I've highlighted the key points from the article below, but you can click on the link for complete details.

Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT6337

Continuity lets you seamlessly move between your iPhone, iPad, and Mac, or use them together.

Continuity features include Handoff, Phone Calling, Instant Hotspot, and SMS.

SMS

With Continuity, all the SMS and MMS text messages you send and receive on your iPhone also appear on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch. Even if the person you’re communicating with doesn’t have an iPhone. And regardless of what phone they have, you can reply from whichever device is closest to you, including your iPad or Mac. You can also initiate a conversation by clicking a phone number in Safari, Contacts, or Calendar.

User uploaded file

To use Continuity for SMS and MMS with your iPhone and your Mac, iPad or iPod touch

• Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch need to use iOS 8.1, and your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
  • Sign in to iMessage on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac using the same Apple ID.
  • On your iPhone:
    1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You Can Be Reached By, and add a check to both your phone number and email address.
    2. Go to Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and enable the device(s) you would like to forward messages to.
  • Your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch will display a code. Enter this code on your iPhone to verify the SMS feature.

To use Handoff:

• Sign in to the same iCloud account on all your devices.
  • Turn on Bluetooth on all the devices you want to use. Make sure your devices are near each other.
  • Connect all your devices to the same Wi-Fi network.

Then, use one of the apps listed above on one of your devices.

On your second iOS device, swipe up from the bottom-left edge of the Lock screen, where you see the app’s activity icon.

User uploaded file

You can also go to the multitasking display by double-clicking the Home button on your your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Then tap the app.

User uploaded file

On your Mac, the Handoff app icon appears on the Dock. Or you can press Command-Tab to switch to an app with a Handoff icon.

Give it a try!

- Judy

trying to synch my mms/ssm on mac air with iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.