Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared folder is locked

I am trying to copy files from my Mac Pro OS10.6 to my MacBook Pro OS10.10. It took awhile to get access to the Mac Pro, but when I copy folders over, they are locked. I can change the permissions with command-info, but that is tedious.

There must be an easy way to fix the permissions between the computers. I have had this problem while sharing with previous computers but never got around to resolving it (so it is not a Yosemite issue).

How to fix permissions?

Is it possible to batch change permissions on folders I have already copied over?

Thanks.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6), 10.6.8

Posted on Jan 25, 2015 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2015 11:07 AM

deniseh wrote:

How to fix permissions?

Is it possible to batch change permissions on folders I have already copied over?

If all files are in one folder, then right click on that folder and choose Get Info (CMD+I shortcut). Go to Sharing and permissions section and unlock the small padlock. Next, highlight your user account and click on action button and choose first Make yourusename (me) the owner and then click again action button and choose Apply to enclosed items....

User uploaded file

Now, if all files are in spread between different folders in your home folder, then you can do above operation on your home folder.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2015 11:07 AM in response to deniseh

deniseh wrote:

How to fix permissions?

If all files are in one folder, then right click on that folder and choose Get Info (CMD+I shortcut). Go to Sharing and permissions section and unlock the small padlock. Next, highlight your user account and click on action button and choose first Make yourusename (me) the owner and then click again action button and choose Apply to enclosed items....

User uploaded file

Now, if all files are in spread between different folders in your home folder, then you can do above operation on your home folder.

Shared folder is locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.