Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 does not connect automatically to samsung soundbar

Hi all,

I own an iPhone 6 and I just purchased a samsung soundbar (HW-FM35)

Initial syncing works fine, and my audio is streamed to the soundbar with no issues.

The issue comes when I try to reconnect to the soundbar after a period of time.

I turn on the sound bar, switch it to Bluetooth. On the iPhone, in the bluetooth settings, as you can see, the bar is there, it just does not connect

User uploaded fileSo if I try to access it from airplay, is just does not show up.User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

BUT, if I go in the bluetooth settings and connect it manually, it does so with no problem:

User uploaded file

I don't like thisI would love it if someone could help, if there is an easy fix !

Thanks in advance !!

Jon.

Posted on Jan 25, 2015 11:32 AM

4 replies

Jan 27, 2015 6:23 AM in response to jonfromtucson

Hello jonfromtucson,

Thanks for the question. After reviewing your post, it sounds like the iPhone is not staying connected to a bluetooth accessory. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

iOS: Troubleshooting Bluetooth connections - Apple Support

Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Jan 28, 2015 8:39 AM in response to mario49

Thank you for your reply, Mario.

I just reset the network settings and the issue is still present.

Just to specify:

I can pair the soundbar fine but if I turn bluetooth off on my phone or turn off the soundbar, when I turn them back on, the option to stream the audio directly from control center is no longer available (cf screenshot 2) and I have to go back to bluetooth settings to connect the soundbar again.

I am now starting to think that, because bluetooth is turned off (phone or soundbar) then when turned back on, automatic connection is not possible, and BT streaming require a manual pairing.

What do you think ?

Thanks again for your help !

Jon

Mar 18, 2015 3:28 PM in response to mario49

Thanks, Mario - I'm having the same problem as jonfromtucson. But none of the steps in the article actually address the issue. This problem just started for me. I had to get a replacement phone yesterday. My old iPhone 6 would automatically reconnect to my car stereo without a problem - in fact, I could start playing music without even taking it out of my purse. But the new one does not reconnect unless I go into the Bluetooth settings on my phone and manually choose it. Is there some setting where I can tell it to automatically reconnect when it's within range of a paired device?

Thanks!

Linda

iPhone 6 does not connect automatically to samsung soundbar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.