Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod video won't restore, can you guys help me out?

Hello guys, i have an ipod video 5th gen. Went to use my ipod after about a week of not using it, and it said i had to restore it. Went to restore it, and every time it says error(1430 or 1429) and won't restore. everything is up to date on my mac, even upgraded to Yosemite still the same problem. what can i do?

Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jan 25, 2015 11:37 AM

1 reply

Jan 27, 2015 6:22 AM in response to Iceman951

Good Morning Iceman951,

The article below provides some troubleshooting steps for the error you are seeing when you try to sync your iPod:

iPod: Can't restore or update in iTunes with error 1415, 1417, 1418, 1428, 1429, 1430, 1436, or 1439 - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203165

When you restore or update your iPod in iTunes, you may see the "An unknown error has occurred" alert followed by the number 1415, 1417, 1418, 1428, 1429, 1430, 1436, or 1439.

Note

To troubleshoot the error, follow these steps:

1. Disconnect and reconnect your iPod to iTunes and restore or update the iPod.
  2. Restart your computer and restore or update the iPod.
  3. Connect your iPod to a different USB port (a USB 2.0 port if possible) and restore or update the iPod. For Windows computers, follow these steps to identify USB 2.0 ports.
  4. Disconnect any third-party USB devices from your computer. You don't need to remove your keyboard or mouse. Then, restore or update the iPod.
  5. Update iTunes and restore or update the iPod.
  6. Use a different user account on your computer to restore or update the iPod. For example, create a new test user account on the computer with admin rights and iTunes and restore or update the iPod.
  7. Turn off Disk Use on your iPod and restore or update the iPod.
  8. Turn on Disk Use on your iPod and restore or update the iPod.
  9. Reregister ".dll" files by using these steps under "Solution 1."
  10. Update or reinstall your Windows USB drivers using these steps under "iPod only: Updating, or in some cases reinstalling, the drivers for your computer's USB interface may resolve this issue."
  11. If you use third-party security software, you might need to update, disable, or uninstall your security software temporarily.

Information about products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is provided without recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website accuracy or reliability. Risks are inherent in the use of the Internet. Contact the vendor for additional information.

Last Modified:

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

Ipod video won't restore, can you guys help me out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.