Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

group text

I purchased a Galaxy note and got rid of my iPhone 5S. Some users that I normally group texts to can receive my messages but cannot send group texts back to me. This only happens for a particular group. I have removed my number from the Apple Database, in addition, they have removed me and re-added me to their phones. Any assistance is appreciated.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 25, 2015 3:38 PM

4 replies

Jan 27, 2015 7:44 AM in response to cdeshazor

Hi cdeshazor,

Thanks for the question. The resource below has a link to deregister iMessage. Try these steps to resolve the issue you are having with text messages.

Can’t get text messages from an iPhone - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/TS5185

If you don't have your iPhone or if you can't turn off iMessage

Use the deregister iMessage webpage. For more information, see Deregister iMessage: Frequently Asked Questions.

These steps won't deregister your phone number with iMessage

• Logging in to My Support Profile and changing your password or removing your phone number
  • Texting STOP to 48369
  • Resetting your network settings
  • Changing your Apple ID password
Important: Information about products not manufactured by Apple is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute Apple’s recommendation or endorsement. Please contact the vendor for additional information.

Last Modified:

Hope this helps,

- Judy

Jan 27, 2015 10:22 AM in response to judysings

Thanks Judy,

I have done this. I actually followed these steps and was told that my number is not registered with iMessage. However, I have two buddies that have iPhones. When I group message them, I can send a message to both but their reply messages will not return to me. It says that they are sending an iMessage and since I don't have an iPhone, I cannot receive the message. I have another group that I group message and it works fine. I have read several blogs and tried a multitude of things but nothing seems to work. Any ideas are appreciated.

Jan 28, 2015 9:03 AM in response to cdeshazor

Hi cdeshazor,

Is it possible that your friends do not have Send as SMS enabled on their phone?

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204065

f you still can't send, or you aren't receiving messages, try these steps:

Check your device settings

1. Make sure that you’re connected to a cellular data or Wi-Fi network.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage, Send as SMS, or MMS Messaging is turned on (whichever method you're trying to use). Learn about the different types of messages you can send.
    User uploaded file

Check the recipient's contact info

1. Make sure that you're using the right phone number or email address.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages > Blocked and make sure that they're not on your block list.

Restart your device and check for updates

1. Restart your device.
  2. Check for a carrier settings update.
  3. Check for an iOS software update.

Check the system status for iMessage

Go to the Apple Services System Status page and check iMessage.

Turn iMessage off and back on

Go to Settings > Messages and turn iMessage off, then back on.

Regards,

- Judy

group text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.