Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove Xmas music from Genius Mixes? I deselect but they still mix in.

I want to remove Xmas music from Genius Mixes. I plug device (iPhone, Nano) to Mac, deselect all Xmas albums in music, then sync device. Xmas won't go away - its mixed in all Genius Mix categories. I don't want to be humming jingle bells till next December.

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.1.2, Op system 10.8.5 (was not a choice)

Posted on Jan 25, 2015 3:32 PM

1 reply

Jan 27, 2015 7:46 AM in response to AZjoycej

Hello AZjoycej,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you have Genius Mixes in iTunes on your Mac and when you try to sync your device to iTunes and exclude some music from those mixes, the unwanted music is still synced over to your device. To exclude the music you do not want, you may need to remove the entire mix that contains that music you no longer want. Please use the attached article as a resource and follow the steps for deselecting the mixes and stopping them from syncing.

iPhone and iPod: Understanding Genius Mixes - Apple Support

To sync selected Genius playlists and Genius Mixes to your device:

1. In iTunes, select your device in the device list and click the Music tab (or button, depending on the version of iTunes being used).
  2. Check Sync Music, and then choose "Selected playlists, artists, and genres."
  3. Under Playlists, select the Genius playlists and Genius Mixes you want.
  4. Click Apply.

User uploaded file

Notes:

• Genius Mixes can only be synced automatically, so you won't be able to add Genius Mixes to your device if "Sync only checked songs and videos" is checked in the iTunes Summary pane.
  • If you select any Genius Mixes to sync with your device, iTunes may select and sync additional songs from your library that you didn’t select.
  • If you choose to sync your entire music library, iTunes will sync all your Genius playlists and Genius Mixes to the device.

Best regards,

Joe

How to remove Xmas music from Genius Mixes? I deselect but they still mix in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.