Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to install a BCM94360CD on a Mac Pro 4, 1

Bit of help please. I have the BCM94360CD and adapter that I want to install in my Mac Pro 4 1. I've searched for hours and you above two post are the closest I come to getting a somewhat clear picture of how to install these card(s).

My question is on my old card installed on the Mac Pro 4 1 there are only two wires one is numbered 1 and the other 3 with an additional wire running under the card but I have no idea if this attaches to the card underneath? On the new card I assume these are attached to J1 and J3 respectively?

Some post say disconnect the old BT card. Some say don't etc.

Where do I find a definitive answer on how to install the BCM94360CD and adapter along with all the wires and if I need an additional and longer antenna and where should that be installed and attached to the new card?

My best and thanks, Cliff

Posted on Jan 25, 2015 7:30 PM

5 replies

Feb 17, 2015 11:29 AM in response to cliff2255

I'm kind of in the same boat.

What I did to start off with is buy the adapter bundled with one of those PCI-express slot adapters you find on eBay. They have 4 antenna and they connect to the 4 antenna of the card, and come with a USB cable that you also have to connect. That's a really inelegant solution, because you have to run the USB cable outside the computer and plug it into one of the rear ports. I can't connect it to the internal port on my USB 3.0 card because then the Coherence enabler can't make it work - it doesn't see my iPhone or iPad, so I can't move from Mail or Safari on one of them to my Mac Pro. Messages and FaceTime still seem to work, though. But plugging it into the USB 2.0 ports built into the computer and rebooting solves it. It's just ugly. And without it, there's no bluetooth since it's a USB data connection.

So now I'm trying to figure out what adapter I need. There's a website called OSXWifi that sells an internal adapter for like $60 but it appears to have the same USB drawback of having to run outside the computer for Bluetooth data. Plus you need a Bluetooth antenna extension in order to plug in all 4 antenna built into your computer.

The only solution I've found that appears like it'll work is that a website called MacVidCards lists an internal adapter that uses the USB header from the bluetooth card. Unfortunately you have to buy the BCM94360CD AND the adapter together (which makes a redundant purchase in my case) plus it's like $120. Seems to be the only solution that's entirely internal, though, so if that matters it might be the only game in town. Except they're out of stock.

Feb 17, 2015 11:48 AM in response to DeerSteak

I searched and search and search. OSXWIFI is the only place I could find that has the product in stock.

Installation is straight forward. If you need any support it will all be via email only.

I had a stumble or two but they were there for me each step of the way.

They guarantee the card. Now I have updated WiFi and updated 3.0 Bluetooth and I can now connect with iPhone latest and greatest goodies.

MacV card may be better? but never know if you will be one of the lucky ones when they show availability.

http://www.osxwifi.com/apple-broadcom-bcm94360cd-802-11-a-b-g-n-ac-bluetooth-4-0 -with-adapter-for-macpro-2009-and-macpro-2010

http://www.osxwifi.com/bluetooth-antenna-extension-cable-male-to-female-2ft

Feb 18, 2015 9:51 AM in response to cliff2255

My bad, I was unclear. My adapter goes in a slot. yours sounds like the one that goes in the Airport slot by the CPU tray.

I also finally got the USB part working with the internal port on my USB 3.0. I have full joy without the USB cable leaving the case. I ended up signing out of everything with it working - iCloud, Messages, FaceTime and all that, then plugged it in internally, and then signed back in. Everything is working with the Continuity Activation Tool. Maybe one day I'll get an Airport adapter like you've got, but now that it's all working correctly with no messy cables running out of the case I'm much less likely.

How to install a BCM94360CD on a Mac Pro 4, 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.