Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CAN FIND MY IPHONE WORK IF LOCATION SETTINGS ARE OFF?

how can i track my lost iphone? find my iphone is turned on but im now sure if location settings are on

can find my iphone work if the device is connected to wifi?

Posted on Jan 26, 2015 1:06 AM

3 replies

Jan 26, 2015 1:48 AM in response to MarkStellar

To find out, log into iCloud on your computer and start the "Find my iPhone" app.

If you get the message “Your device is no longer locatable”

This message means that Location Services was turned off on your device while you were using Find My iPhone to locate it. Find My iPhone won't be able to locate your device, but you can still use the app to take certain actions:

• Make the device play a sound
  • Display a message on the device's screen
  • Lock the device (using the Lock feature in iOS 5.1.1 or earlier, or Lost Mode in iOS 6 or later)
  • Erase the device.

Note: The ability to use Find My iPhone to locate your device on a map is not available in all countries. Locating your device on a map requires Maps data to be available in that area. All other Find My iPhone features will still work.

If the troubleshooting steps in this article don't work, follow the steps for troubleshooting the Find My iPhone service. You can also visit the iCloud support page, select your country, and choose a topic from the Find My iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac category.

copied from iCloud: Troubleshooting the Find My iPhone app

CAN FIND MY IPHONE WORK IF LOCATION SETTINGS ARE OFF?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.