Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"About this Mac" won't open

Hi,

My "about this Mac" won't open when I click on it. Does anyone know what I can do about it?

I'm using the latest version of Yosemite and I have a MacBook Pro 13' with Retina display.

Thanks 🙂

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Jan 26, 2015 3:21 AM

2 replies

Jan 26, 2015 10:24 AM in response to jlykke

Launch the Console application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

The title of the Console window should be All Messages. If it isn't, select

SYSTEM LOG QUERIES ▹ All Messages

from the log list on the left. If you don't see that list, select

View ▹ Show Log List

from the menu bar at the top of the screen.

Click the Clear Display icon in the toolbar. Then take the action that isn't working the way you expect. Select any messages that appear in the Console window. Copy them to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. Paste into a reply to this message by pressing command-V.

The log contains a vast amount of information, almost all of which is irrelevant to solving any particular problem. When posting a log extract, be selective. A few dozen lines are almost always more than enough.

Please don't indiscriminately dump thousands of lines from the log into this discussion.

Please don't post screenshots of log messages—post the text.

Some private information, such as your name or email address, may appear in the log. Anonymize before posting.

"About this Mac" won't open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.