Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't delete repeating event from calendar?

I have a number of repeating events in my calendar which I can't delete. I can select the event and press delete and it will give me the option of deleting this specific event or all future events. If I choose 'this event', it will delete the event for that day but if I choose 'all future events' it doesn't delete anything.

Does anyone have a fix for this by any chance?

Posted on Jan 26, 2015 8:48 AM

8 replies

Jan 27, 2015 2:04 AM in response to Linc Davis

I also tried that. I exported the calendar that I was experiencing issues with. Deleted the calendar completely. Then created a new calendar and imported the one I just exported. But the problem still remains. I also checked other calendars I have and they also have the same issue. I think what I might need to do is simply delete the calendar all together and create a new one from scratch.

Jan 27, 2015 9:23 AM in response to Peter O'Toole

Launch the Console application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

The title of the Console window should be All Messages. If it isn't, select

SYSTEM LOG QUERIES ▹ All Messages

from the log list on the left. If you don't see that list, select

View ▹ Show Log List

from the menu bar at the top of the screen.

Click the Clear Display icon in the toolbar. Then take an action that isn't working the way you expect. Select any messages that appear in the Console window. Copy them to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. Paste into a reply to this message by pressing command-V.

The log contains a vast amount of information, almost all of which is irrelevant to solving any particular problem. When posting a log extract, be selective. A few dozen lines are almost always more than enough.

Please don't indiscriminately dump thousands of lines from the log into this discussion.

Please don't post screenshots of log messages—post the text.

Some private information, such as your name or email address, may appear in the log. Anonymize before posting.

can't delete repeating event from calendar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.