Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Don't have router. I use iphone wifi to give wifi to ipad. Can I get printer airplay to work without router?

Dont have router ( as broadband in area is less than 1 MB) my iphone provides wifi to iPad Air.

WIll airprint printer work for me

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 26, 2015 10:10 AM

1 reply

Jan 26, 2015 12:09 PM in response to Miss Fankle

It will depend on what printer you choose.

You need an Airprinter that supports ad hock printering. This means the printer contains a wifi router ( it limited to only printing. )

------------------------------------------------------

List of supported AirPrinters.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4356

----------------------------------------------------

From this list you need to find the ones that support ad hock printer. I'd look at hp.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer, I have not tried this out. All is based on what I have read online.
For example HP D110.

HP D110 Info Page

Here is how to set up an ad hoc network form their instruction manual.

HP D110 User's Manual

See Page 31 of User Guide...
1. In the Control Panel, double-click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center..
2. In the Network and Sharing Center (under Tasks on the left), select Set up a connection or network.
3. Choose the connection option Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network, then click Next. Read the description and warnings about ad hoc networks, then click Next>.
4. Enter details, including Network name (the SSID for your ad hoc connection), Security type, and SecurityPassphrase. If you are going to save this network connection, check Save this network. Make a note of the SSID and the Security key/ Passphrase for future reference. Click Next
5. Continue to follow the prompts to complete setup of the ad hoc network connection.

Don't have router. I use iphone wifi to give wifi to ipad. Can I get printer airplay to work without router?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.