Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Suddenly stuck in zoom

The problem started 2 days before. While ipad was charging overnight ( with ios 7.1.2 at that moment ) when i check it at the morning the screen was zoomed 50%...I thought a reset would fix the situation and to my surprise i saw half the apple in the boot screen...Nothing changed...I search online for the problem and these are the steps that i have followed..

1. Accessibility-zoom=off. Nothing happened still zoomed in

2. Tap three times with all the possible combinations( home button or on the whole surface of ipad), still zoomed in

3. Hard reset again.... Zoomed in

4. Update ipad to 8.1.2 still nothing. Zoomed in

5. Steps 1-3 again in new firmware still zoomed in.

So i don't know if there is something else i can do.....

All these manipulations were made in a zoomed ipad and every time i have got to turning it around so that i could find a sweet spot where i could select an option in menus....Trust me a very annoying and difficult situation....

Any advice would be appreciated....

Thanks....

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 26, 2015 11:20 AM

1 reply

Jan 27, 2015 12:17 PM in response to bak38

Hey bak38,

So it sounds like you have a very frustrating situation with your iPad screen zoomed in, and it looks like you have done almost all of the troubleshooting possible. The next step I would suggest is to back up and restore your iPad. Follow the steps in this article -

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

Test again after completed. If your issue persists, the next thing to try would be to restore your iPad to factory settings. Use the steps in this article -

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well,

Brett L

Ipad Suddenly stuck in zoom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.