Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Entry icon on SSD in 10.10.1 but SSD is visible & readable from other internal Mac HD

Hi,

So my system has been fine all day, came back from a meeting, rebooted it to cycle it and it took ages to get through the progress bar (getting about 15-20% of the way) before promptly giving me the no entry icon.

Rebooted with PRAM held down, nothing.

Rebooted into recovery and checked the disk. No issues at all.

Rebooted into my HD backup of the SSD, and the drive not only shows up, but all the files are fully readable.

Thinking it might've been a plist I tweaked in Logic (to change the amazing 400 various shade of purple to back to the useful colours in LP9) I restored the original unmodified plist.

Rebooted. Same no entry sign.

Rebooted into safe mode.

No entry sign.

Rebooted back into HD backup. SSD still there, Disk Utility still shows it being A OK.

Does anyone know what might be going on? Short of wiping and reloading from the back up (which I can't do as sod's law this happened 20 mins before a session is about to start) It's so weird!

Ben

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10), 3.46Ghz, 64GB RAM, 2TB PCIe Flash, 512GB SSD

Posted on Jan 26, 2015 10:32 AM

5 replies

Jan 26, 2015 10:58 AM in response to Kappy

Thank you to both for replying quickly.

But seriously, did either of you actually bother to read my post before you posted your links? Because you'd have read that I've tried resetting PRAM. I've tried safe booting. I've tried Disk Utility and the SSD shows up as being fully operational. Removing all peripherals is the first thing I did. And as I can't get past the loading screen I can't create a new user or use fsck which I don't need to do as it doesn't show me a load of code on a blank screen.

Even TRIM Enabler says everything is awesome with said SSD.

Thanks again, but please... Any ideas?

No Entry icon on SSD in 10.10.1 but SSD is visible & readable from other internal Mac HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.