Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4s battery replacement

I got my Iphone 4s on a 3 year plan in February 2013. I have now had it for almost two years and the battery is beginning to act up. It will be at 10% and then die suddenly, and within minutes of plugging it in the battery will then jump to 25%. I've also noticed that the battery doesn't last nearly as long as it used to. I tried taking the phone to a jump+ store, however because it did not fail the diagnostic test they told me they would be unable to replace it although my apple care is good until late February 2015. I then tried calling apple to see if they could help me out. The woman on the phone ran the diagnostic test again and it didn't fail. She then gave me some tips on how to make my battery last longer like turning off location services. Can anyone suggest a way to get the battery replaced or am I going to be stuck paying off the remaining balance on my plan and getting a new phone? Thank you!

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 26, 2015 2:57 PM

4 replies

Jan 26, 2015 4:31 PM in response to Madi2514

You may already be aware, but just in case, note the following quote from https://www.apple.com/support/products/iphone.html indicates that the battery must be at 50% or more from original specs before they will replace it under AppleCare+.

Service coverage is available only for the iPhone and its original included accessories that are defective in materials or workmanship or for battery depletion of 50 percent or more from original specification.

Another option you may consider would be to pay $89 Cdn to have the battery replaced: Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

Jan 26, 2015 4:40 PM in response to Madi2514

If you have an Apple store or Authorized Apple Service Provider nearby you could take the phone in and have them examine the phone to see if it's a battery or hardware problem. Make an appointment first. If its not a hardware or battery problem then you can do some troubleshooting yourself.

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

http://www.scottyloveless.com/blog/2014/the-ultimate-guide-to-solving-ios-batter y-drain

Jan 28, 2015 3:53 AM in response to pogster

I have a problem with my iPhone 4s. The battery can show 40% or more but the phone shuts down. Restarting the phone indicates a flat battery then when connected to a charger it shows 40% again and works fine when disconnected. This has happened when using the camera which demands more power and video guarantees a shutdown. Using IOS 8.1.2 Trying to avoid losing the phone for a while for repair.

Jan 28, 2015 4:00 AM in response to regor gnillib

If your device is covered by AppleCare + or the AppleCareProtectionPlan just call Apple and arrange an ExpressReplacementService.

You can just say that you have a hardware issue, for device runs hot, unexpected restarts etc.

Tell them you already restored as new but nothing changed.

Afterwards they will send out a new (refurbished) device and collect the defect one.

You need a credit card for this service but if there is no liquid or accidental damage on this device no charges will be made.

Charly

Iphone 4s battery replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.