Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

network roaming eth

i want to extend my network composed of:

netgear DG834

apple airport time capsule

the question is :

can i make something like in the draw and create a extended network using roaming network method ?

User uploaded file

Airport Time Capsule 802.11ac

Posted on Jan 26, 2015 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2015 3:05 PM

Sure, just configure the Time Capsule using the setup wizard to create a new network........

Start the setup wizard by clicking on the Time Capsule under the heading of New AirPort Base Station. The example below shows an AirPort Extreme. You will see Time Capsule on your screen.

User uploaded file

That will bring up the setup screen. The window will look similar to this, except you will see an icon of the Time Capsule

User uploaded file

1) Use the same wireless network name as the Netgear network

2) Use the same wireless password as the Netgear network

3) Add a device name that you want to call the Time Capsule

Once you have entered the info, click Next

The AirPort setup wizard will take care of everything else for you. Here, I am assuming that you are using a recent Mac operating system like Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks or Yosemite.

Then, once you have the Time Capsule up and running, set up the AirPort Extreme the same way, adding a device name that you want to call the AirPort Extreme.

If you already have the Time Capsule and AirPort Extreme set up on your network, things will be even easier. You just need to change the name of the wireless network and password to match the Netgear router.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2015 3:05 PM in response to boris.1995

Sure, just configure the Time Capsule using the setup wizard to create a new network........

Start the setup wizard by clicking on the Time Capsule under the heading of New AirPort Base Station. The example below shows an AirPort Extreme. You will see Time Capsule on your screen.

User uploaded file

That will bring up the setup screen. The window will look similar to this, except you will see an icon of the Time Capsule

User uploaded file

1) Use the same wireless network name as the Netgear network

2) Use the same wireless password as the Netgear network

3) Add a device name that you want to call the Time Capsule

Once you have entered the info, click Next

The AirPort setup wizard will take care of everything else for you. Here, I am assuming that you are using a recent Mac operating system like Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks or Yosemite.

Then, once you have the Time Capsule up and running, set up the AirPort Extreme the same way, adding a device name that you want to call the AirPort Extreme.

If you already have the Time Capsule and AirPort Extreme set up on your network, things will be even easier. You just need to change the name of the wireless network and password to match the Netgear router.

network roaming eth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.