Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cisco_Webex_Add-on goes into a loop on install

I am running mac book pro with OS X 10.9.5 (13F34). Webex prompts me to install Cisco_Webex_Add-on. After "successful" installation, it again asks me to install the same and keeps going into a loop. Unable to run webex session. Any help?

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

Posted on Jan 26, 2015 5:28 PM

10 replies

Jan 20, 2016 1:57 PM in response to iGaylod

I am running into this with 10.11.3. I believe I have been having this issue for a while. I used the removal tool with no success. Strange thing with the removal tool is the log tries to remove files in places where they are not installed.

rm: /Users/dad/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/WebEx*.*: No such file or directory

rm: /Users/dad/Library/Preferences/com.webex.*: No such file or directory

rm: /Users/dad/Library/Preferences/com.cisco.webex.*.plist: No such file or directory

With doing a bit of digging, I found it creates a WebEx Folder directory and does not put anything in Internet Plug-Ins. I have tried the install with FF, Safari, and Chrome and I get the same exact loop.

I do have Internet Plug-Ins Directory so that is not it I did delete the Web Ex directory manually and tried to install it again with no success. I looked around for anything WebEx to delete. Any help would be appreciated.

Does WebEx have a forum or just some ticket system. IS there anyplace else I can look for clues?

Cisco_Webex_Add-on goes into a loop on install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.