Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to use plugins for photo edit in iPhoto. Hate exporting to PS or Aperture.

I want to edit photos I take with my iPhone camera on my retina display iMac. iPhoto's editing capabilities are very poor. Aperture on the iMac is now awful yet it's the only place other than PhotoShop I can use my editing plugins. iPhoto is very important to me. I am at a loss for convenience. Some of my editing apps are stand alone App Store iPhoto editing apps. This is a mess. Help!

Barb

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Yosemite 10.10

Posted on Jan 26, 2015 6:49 PM

2 replies

Jan 26, 2015 10:43 PM in response to PicoMc

You do not need to export to Aperture from iPhoto, if you want to use the editing plug-ins. If your Aperture version is compatible with iPhoto you can simply open your iPhoto Library in Aperture to use the editing plug-ins and then continue in iphoto.

To switch between iPhoto and Aperture on the same libraries: See this link: Aperture 3.3: Using a unified photo library with iPhoto and Aperture

• In iPhoto: Use the command "File > Open library in Aperture"
  • In Aperture: "File > Open library in iPhoto"

I want to use plugins for photo edit in iPhoto. Hate exporting to PS or Aperture.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.